Home » News » Public Safety
Exeter girl remains in hospital after Kingston crash
KINGSTON - A young girl from Exeter remains in a Boston hospital with significant internal injuries after being involved in a head-on collision along Route 111 Thursday morning
While the investigation continues, Police Chief Donald Briggs Jr. said police determined weather was a factor in the crash, which occurred near 59 Exeter Road. He said police will look into whether speed, alcohol or anything else was a factor in the crash.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:36 a.m. after a westbound 2001 Ford Windstar, driven by Rachell West of Exeter, slid into an eastbound 2007 Nissan Murano, driven by Stephanie Raymond of Danville.
West's 8-year-old daughter and son were passengers in the Windstar. Raymond was the sole occupant in the Murano.
Ambulance crews from Kingston and East Kingston transported all four people to Exeter Hospital. The girl was later transferred to Boston due to the extent of her injuries.
Route 111 was closed for about an hour until East Kingston police and firefighters from Kingston and Brentwood cleared the area at 10:26 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 5
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it