Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Frame double-double not enough for UNH women
Morgan Frame recorded her eighth career double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds, but the University of New Hampshire women's basketball team fell by a 72-61 score to Colgate University Saturday afternoon at Cotterell Court in Hamilton, N.Y.
The Wildcats ended their non-conference slate with a 5-7 record. Colgate improved to 5-7 on the strength of 7-17 shooting on 3-pointers in the second half to steadily pull away from the Wildcats.
Young Harris 70, Franklin Pierce 60: At Westwego, La., freshman forward Kara Charette scored 19 points and added 10 rebounds but it was not enough as FPC fell on the first day of play in the Big Easy Challenge.
Franklin Pierce fell to 5-4 (3-3 Northeast-10), while Young Harris improves to 7-1 (1-1 Peach Belt). The Ravens will wrap-up play at the Big Easy Challenge against Dillard at 3 p.m. today.
Keene State 89, Montclair State 80: At Montclair, N.J., senior Anthony Mariano scored a game-high 22 points and junior John Boyatsis (Dover) came off the bench to score a career-high 16 points, including four three-pointers, to lead KSC to a win in the consolation game of the Team Hill Holiday Classic Saturday.
Keene State (6-4) returns home after splitting its two games in the tournament. The Owls dropped a heart-breaking 82-81 opening-round game to Mary Washington (Va.) University before bouncing back with their win over the Red Hawks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- St. Anselm hockey eyes Division I - 1
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Franklin Pierce wins NCAA baseball regional - 1
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester