Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Frame double-double not enough for UNH women
Morgan Frame recorded her eighth career double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds, but the University of New Hampshire women's basketball team fell by a 72-61 score to Colgate University Saturday afternoon at Cotterell Court in Hamilton, N.Y.
The Wildcats ended their non-conference slate with a 5-7 record. Colgate improved to 5-7 on the strength of 7-17 shooting on 3-pointers in the second half to steadily pull away from the Wildcats.
Young Harris 70, Franklin Pierce 60: At Westwego, La., freshman forward Kara Charette scored 19 points and added 10 rebounds but it was not enough as FPC fell on the first day of play in the Big Easy Challenge.
Franklin Pierce fell to 5-4 (3-3 Northeast-10), while Young Harris improves to 7-1 (1-1 Peach Belt). The Ravens will wrap-up play at the Big Easy Challenge against Dillard at 3 p.m. today.
Keene State 89, Montclair State 80: At Montclair, N.J., senior Anthony Mariano scored a game-high 22 points and junior John Boyatsis (Dover) came off the bench to score a career-high 16 points, including four three-pointers, to lead KSC to a win in the consolation game of the Team Hill Holiday Classic Saturday.
Keene State (6-4) returns home after splitting its two games in the tournament. The Owls dropped a heart-breaking 82-81 opening-round game to Mary Washington (Va.) University before bouncing back with their win over the Red Hawks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings