Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Frame double-double not enough for UNH women
Morgan Frame recorded her eighth career double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds, but the University of New Hampshire women's basketball team fell by a 72-61 score to Colgate University Saturday afternoon at Cotterell Court in Hamilton, N.Y.
The Wildcats ended their non-conference slate with a 5-7 record. Colgate improved to 5-7 on the strength of 7-17 shooting on 3-pointers in the second half to steadily pull away from the Wildcats.
Young Harris 70, Franklin Pierce 60: At Westwego, La., freshman forward Kara Charette scored 19 points and added 10 rebounds but it was not enough as FPC fell on the first day of play in the Big Easy Challenge.
Franklin Pierce fell to 5-4 (3-3 Northeast-10), while Young Harris improves to 7-1 (1-1 Peach Belt). The Ravens will wrap-up play at the Big Easy Challenge against Dillard at 3 p.m. today.
Keene State 89, Montclair State 80: At Montclair, N.J., senior Anthony Mariano scored a game-high 22 points and junior John Boyatsis (Dover) came off the bench to score a career-high 16 points, including four three-pointers, to lead KSC to a win in the consolation game of the Team Hill Holiday Classic Saturday.
Keene State (6-4) returns home after splitting its two games in the tournament. The Owls dropped a heart-breaking 82-81 opening-round game to Mary Washington (Va.) University before bouncing back with their win over the Red Hawks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs