Home » News » Public Safety
Man's untimely death at Campton campground investigated
CAMPTON - Campton police are investigating the untimely death of a 45-year-old man inside his home Sunday.
According to Campton Police Chief Christopher Warn, police responded to the Branch Brook Campground at 97 Branch Brook Drive Sunday at 11 a.m. to check on the welfare of a resident. Police discovered the body of Norman Curtis, 45, inside his residence (police said only that he was living at the campground, and did not provide an address).
Warn said Sunday night that Curtis appears to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and police believe he was alone at the time of the shooting early Sunday morning.
Warn said the investigation is ongoing, and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072