Home » News » Public Safety
Man's untimely death at Campton campground investigated
CAMPTON - Campton police are investigating the untimely death of a 45-year-old man inside his home Sunday.
According to Campton Police Chief Christopher Warn, police responded to the Branch Brook Campground at 97 Branch Brook Drive Sunday at 11 a.m. to check on the welfare of a resident. Police discovered the body of Norman Curtis, 45, inside his residence (police said only that he was living at the campground, and did not provide an address).
Warn said Sunday night that Curtis appears to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and police believe he was alone at the time of the shooting early Sunday morning.
Warn said the investigation is ongoing, and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072