Home » News » Public Safety
Man's untimely death at Campton campground investigated
CAMPTON - Campton police are investigating the untimely death of a 45-year-old man inside his home Sunday.
According to Campton Police Chief Christopher Warn, police responded to the Branch Brook Campground at 97 Branch Brook Drive Sunday at 11 a.m. to check on the welfare of a resident. Police discovered the body of Norman Curtis, 45, inside his residence (police said only that he was living at the campground, and did not provide an address).
Warn said Sunday night that Curtis appears to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and police believe he was alone at the time of the shooting early Sunday morning.
Warn said the investigation is ongoing, and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson woman accused of cooking "meth" - 1
- Hollis citizens speaking out against controversial gas pipeline - 3
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 1
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
Hudson woman accused of cooking "meth"
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison