Home » News » Public Safety
Man's untimely death at Campton campground investigated
CAMPTON - Campton police are investigating the untimely death of a 45-year-old man inside his home Sunday.
According to Campton Police Chief Christopher Warn, police responded to the Branch Brook Campground at 97 Branch Brook Drive Sunday at 11 a.m. to check on the welfare of a resident. Police discovered the body of Norman Curtis, 45, inside his residence (police said only that he was living at the campground, and did not provide an address).
Warn said Sunday night that Curtis appears to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and police believe he was alone at the time of the shooting early Sunday morning.
Warn said the investigation is ongoing, and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 1
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video