Home » News » Public Safety
Man's untimely death at Campton campground investigated
CAMPTON - Campton police are investigating the untimely death of a 45-year-old man inside his home Sunday.
According to Campton Police Chief Christopher Warn, police responded to the Branch Brook Campground at 97 Branch Brook Drive Sunday at 11 a.m. to check on the welfare of a resident. Police discovered the body of Norman Curtis, 45, inside his residence (police said only that he was living at the campground, and did not provide an address).
Warn said Sunday night that Curtis appears to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and police believe he was alone at the time of the shooting early Sunday morning.
Warn said the investigation is ongoing, and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More violence at Keene - 2
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
- Fire at Swanzey dog kennels destroys barn - 0
- No arrests in incident that brought out Manchester SWAT, locked down Central High School - 0
- Weare chief resigns following AG's report that recommends putting him on list of ethically compromised officers - 6
- Young girl whose quick action saved grandfather's life to be honored next Friday - 0
- Londonderry firefighters to hold open house Saturday - 0
- Francestown's Scoby Bridge closed, will be replaced - 0
- Derry's chief celebrates 50 years in law enforcement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 3
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 18
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 2
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy