Northern Pass developers say they have new route
Developers of the Northern Pass hydroelectric project said on Monday that they have identified a new route for the 1,200-megawatt transmission lines through the North Country, but did not provide further details.
In an announcement posted as a "project update" on the Northern Pass website, spokesmen for Northeast Utilities said, "We are in the process of finalizing this new proposal and will soon be prepared to announce its specific details. This proposal was created in consideration of concerns raised regarding potential view impacts and private property issues."
The new route will be submitted to the New Hampshire Site Evaluation Commission for consideration and review.
The web post also states, "In response to the feedback we received, we have spent the past year identifying routing options that would locate the line on land that we own or that has easements we have obtained from willing sellers, and positions the line in a manner that reduces potential view impacts as much as possible."
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 5
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 60
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
- NH votes matter: A House close to the people - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 2
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 2
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection