action:article | category:NEWS03 | adString:NEWS03 | zoneID:67
Amber Blackman

Amber Blackman

Dec 4, 2014

Fugitive of the Week Jonathan Benedict

CAPTURED

Jonathan E. Benedict

Oct 30, 2014

Darrell Cook

Darrell W. Cook

Oct 2, 2014

Michael Polchies

CAPTURED

Michael Polchies

Sep 25, 2014

Home » News » Crime

December 31. 2012 4:27PM

Bail lowered for two of three Peterborough home-invasion suspects


Dylan Cadorette, 17, of Bennington at his probable cause hearing in 8th Circuit Court, Jaffrey District Division, Monday. (Meghan Pierce/Union Leader Correspondent)


Austin Cadorette, 18, of Antrim reacts to hearing his bail will be lowered from $50,000 cash to $10,000 cash in 8th Circuit Court, Jaffrey District Division, Monday. (Meghan Pierce/Union Leader Correspondent)

JAFFREY - Two of the three teens accused of a Christmas Eve burglary in Peterborough had their bail lowered at a probable cause hearing Monday in 8th Circuit Court, Jaffrey District Division.

The three - Dylan Cadorette, 17, of Bennington; Austin Cadorette, 18, of Antrim; and Isaac Lyons, 17, also of Antrim - are accused of forcing their way into a basement-level bedroom at 39 Lounsbury Lane in Peterborough at 4:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve, with one brandishing a shotgun at a 17-year-old teen who was hit in the head.

The three were arrested Christmas Eve and appeared in the 8th Circuit Court, Jaffrey District Division, Monday for probable cause hearings.

Public defender Robert Swales represented Dylan Cadorette and argued the prosecution's evidence depended on the identification of the suspects made by the victim, whom Swales said was not credible.

Peterborough Police Prosecutor Vint Boggis objected when Swales asked him if the 17-year-old victim had a prior criminal record or was under investigation by the state Attorney General's Drug Task Force.

Boggis would say only that the 17-year-old victim was known to him, and the victim to his knowledge does not have an adult criminal history. When asked if police had ever responded to the victim's home before, he said police had responded to the home in the past for domestic situations.

Boggis said he was working an overtime shift as a patrol officer the morning of the burglary. When he arrived, he found a large amount of blood in the victim's basement bedroom. The victim lives in the home with his parents and younger brother.

"He had blood all over. His face was probably half covered in blood. Streaming out of his hair, dripping out of his face and mouth and all over his shirt," Boggis said.

The victim told Boggis the men said, "We want your money. We want your money," Boggis recounted in court.

The victim identified one of the three home invaders as Dylan Cadorette. The victim said he was shown what he thought was a shot gun, and he said Cadorette pulled it open to show ammunition in the chamber.

"Mr. Dylan Cadorette took the shot gun and hit him repeatedly on the head," Boggis said. Though their faces were partially covered by T-shirts, the victim recognized the burglars, he said.

When the victim called the three home invaders by name, they fled, Boggis said.

"He said he knows these people very well. He recognized their faces by the part of the faces he could see. He recognized them by their voices," Boggis said.

Boggis said when the three teens were found at a Bennington home hours after the reported burglary, they had blood on their clothes.

Boggis said three long guns were found in the same room the three teens had been in at that home: two rifles and a shot gun. Boggis said blood, fingerprint and DNA evidence was taken from the crime scene, but the results of those tests would not be available for some time.

"There is very little to connect my client to this incident," Swales said.

Judge L. Phillips Runyon disagreed, saying there was enough evidence to move forward, and he bound the felony charge over to the Hillsborough County Superior Court in Manchester.

Swales argued for a lower bail from the $50,000 cash that had been set for all three suspects.

He said Dylan Cadorette has no prior criminal record, has lived in the area his entire life, graduated early from ConVal High School last year, and has a job pouring concrete foundations.

Boggis argued against lower bail, saying this was a disturbing, violent crime. He added additional charges are being investigated.

Runyon did lower the bail to $10,000 cash only, not giving Swales the $10,000 cash surety bail he had asked for.

Austin Cadorette waived his right to a probable cause hearing, and his charge was bound over to superior court.

After his attorney argued for lower bail, Runyon lowered the bail from $50,000 cash to $10,000 cash.

Issac Lyons asked for an extension, and his probable cause hearing was moved to Jan. 22 in the 8th Circuit Court, Jaffrey District Division.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
  • Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
  • KSC students
  • 37%
  • KSC administration
  • 2%
  • Police
  • 6%
  • Visitors from out of town
  • 18%
  • A combination of any/all of the above
  • 37%
  • Total Votes: 2483

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events