Year's first baby arrives in Laconia
New Hampshire's first baby of 2013 arrived, as most babies do, on his own schedule at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday.
Connor Roger Garland, son of Elisia Civiello and Zachary Garland, was born at Lakes Region General Hospital eight days after his due date, and arrived only after his first-time mother endured 16 hours of labor.
"I was just happy to get him out," the Franklin woman said. "I was admitted at around 9:30 a.m."
Connor was born healthy and weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces, Civiello said.
The first baby born in Manchester arrived 11 minutes after Connor at Elliot Hospital.
Sophia Shea Markiewicz was surgically delivered at 12:25 a.m.
She is the daughter of Todd and Heather Markiewicz and was born after a labor period her father said lasted a couple of days.
Other babies to arrive soon after the start of the new year included births at 12:36 a.m. at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua and one at Concord Hospital at 4:06 a.m.
- - - - - - - -
Bill Smith may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial Day events in New Hampshire - 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands