Year's first baby arrives in Laconia
New Hampshire's first baby of 2013 arrived, as most babies do, on his own schedule at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday.
Connor Roger Garland, son of Elisia Civiello and Zachary Garland, was born at Lakes Region General Hospital eight days after his due date, and arrived only after his first-time mother endured 16 hours of labor.
"I was just happy to get him out," the Franklin woman said. "I was admitted at around 9:30 a.m."
Connor was born healthy and weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces, Civiello said.
The first baby born in Manchester arrived 11 minutes after Connor at Elliot Hospital.
Sophia Shea Markiewicz was surgically delivered at 12:25 a.m.
She is the daughter of Todd and Heather Markiewicz and was born after a labor period her father said lasted a couple of days.
Other babies to arrive soon after the start of the new year included births at 12:36 a.m. at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua and one at Concord Hospital at 4:06 a.m.
- - - - - - - -
Bill Smith may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?