Home » News » Public Safety
Dover to restrict parking for snow removal Thursday
DOVER - For the second time this week, the city will tow vehicles parked on certain downtown streets Thursday morning to make room for snow clearing crews.
After declaring an emergency parking ban Monday, the city plans to hold another one, which is scheduled to occur Thursday from 1 a.m. to 6 p.m. to allow more time to clear excessive snow from recent storms in the downtown.Any vehicles parked in designated areas will be towed at the owner's expense, but drivers may be parked in any city controlled parking lot without a winter parking pass, according to a release.
As before, this measure is on top of regular winter parking restrictions, which could result in a $15 fine.
Until April 1, parked vehicles must be removed from all city streets between 1 and 6 a.m. - regardless of the weather or forecast - and vehicles in city lots must display a winter permit, which can be obtained for free at the police department 24 hours a day.
The general area included in the emergency parking ban encompasses Chestnut Street to the west, Main Street to the east, Sixth Street to the north and Hale Street to the south. A map of the area included in the Emergency Parking Ban can be found at www.dover.nh.gov/pdparking_out.htm?id=Winter Parking Restrictions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty