Home » News » Public Safety
Dover to restrict parking for snow removal Thursday
DOVER - For the second time this week, the city will tow vehicles parked on certain downtown streets Thursday morning to make room for snow clearing crews.
After declaring an emergency parking ban Monday, the city plans to hold another one, which is scheduled to occur Thursday from 1 a.m. to 6 p.m. to allow more time to clear excessive snow from recent storms in the downtown.Any vehicles parked in designated areas will be towed at the owner's expense, but drivers may be parked in any city controlled parking lot without a winter parking pass, according to a release.
As before, this measure is on top of regular winter parking restrictions, which could result in a $15 fine.
Until April 1, parked vehicles must be removed from all city streets between 1 and 6 a.m. - regardless of the weather or forecast - and vehicles in city lots must display a winter permit, which can be obtained for free at the police department 24 hours a day.
The general area included in the emergency parking ban encompasses Chestnut Street to the west, Main Street to the east, Sixth Street to the north and Hale Street to the south. A map of the area included in the Emergency Parking Ban can be found at www.dover.nh.gov/pdparking_out.htm?id=Winter Parking Restrictions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Derry holiday parade to be held today
After the election is over, the signs remain