Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire destroys Berlin home
BERLIN – An early morning fire destroyed a Berlin home Tuesday morning, according to Berlin Fire Department officials. The two occupants were able to get out of the house at 2055 Riverside Drive before firefighters arrived.
According to Lt. John Lacasse, the call came in at 4:46 a.m., the initial report was that one occupant had escaped the home and another was inside. When the first crew of four arrived the second occupant had gotten out, but the garage and breezeway of the single-family home were fully involved. The fire quickly spread to the house.
The fire then reached the second floor and went up through the attic. The home, Lacasse said, is a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
One firefighter was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for a minor injury. The Gorham Fire Department assisted at the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 3
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands