Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire destroys Berlin home
BERLIN – An early morning fire destroyed a Berlin home Tuesday morning, according to Berlin Fire Department officials. The two occupants were able to get out of the house at 2055 Riverside Drive before firefighters arrived.
According to Lt. John Lacasse, the call came in at 4:46 a.m., the initial report was that one occupant had escaped the home and another was inside. When the first crew of four arrived the second occupant had gotten out, but the garage and breezeway of the single-family home were fully involved. The fire quickly spread to the house.
The fire then reached the second floor and went up through the attic. The home, Lacasse said, is a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
One firefighter was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for a minor injury. The Gorham Fire Department assisted at the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 2
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS device locates stolen truck in Merrimack - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m