Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire destroys Berlin home
BERLIN – An early morning fire destroyed a Berlin home Tuesday morning, according to Berlin Fire Department officials. The two occupants were able to get out of the house at 2055 Riverside Drive before firefighters arrived.
According to Lt. John Lacasse, the call came in at 4:46 a.m., the initial report was that one occupant had escaped the home and another was inside. When the first crew of four arrived the second occupant had gotten out, but the garage and breezeway of the single-family home were fully involved. The fire quickly spread to the house.
The fire then reached the second floor and went up through the attic. The home, Lacasse said, is a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
One firefighter was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for a minor injury. The Gorham Fire Department assisted at the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garage fire displaces Manchester family - 0
- Fire destroys historic Claremont convent - 0
- Minor injury in crash at Concord airport - 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox win in wild walk-off over O's - 0
- Zakahi named provost, VP of academic affairs at Keene State - 0
- Groundskeeper found electrocuted is identified - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Mass. power tops Pinkerton laxers - 0
- Dartmouth’s Whalen earns 500th coaching victory - 0
- CDFA names Caswell new director - 0
- GoShopNH.com to host workshop in Keene - 0
- FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester - 0
- On Easter, Pope calls for peace, condemns waste - 0
FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester
Sox win in wild walk-off over O's
CDFA names Caswell new director
Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
GoShopNH.com to host workshop in Keene
'Hurricane' Carter succumbs to cancer
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
Democratic House Speaker Norelli to retire
'He is risen': 'As he said'