Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire destroys Berlin home
BERLIN – An early morning fire destroyed a Berlin home Tuesday morning, according to Berlin Fire Department officials. The two occupants were able to get out of the house at 2055 Riverside Drive before firefighters arrived.
According to Lt. John Lacasse, the call came in at 4:46 a.m., the initial report was that one occupant had escaped the home and another was inside. When the first crew of four arrived the second occupant had gotten out, but the garage and breezeway of the single-family home were fully involved. The fire quickly spread to the house.
The fire then reached the second floor and went up through the attic. The home, Lacasse said, is a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
One firefighter was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for a minor injury. The Gorham Fire Department assisted at the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 2
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 0
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 0
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
- 9th-inning error sends Red Sox to third straight loss - 0
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers