Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire destroys Berlin home
BERLIN – An early morning fire destroyed a Berlin home Tuesday morning, according to Berlin Fire Department officials. The two occupants were able to get out of the house at 2055 Riverside Drive before firefighters arrived.
According to Lt. John Lacasse, the call came in at 4:46 a.m., the initial report was that one occupant had escaped the home and another was inside. When the first crew of four arrived the second occupant had gotten out, but the garage and breezeway of the single-family home were fully involved. The fire quickly spread to the house.
The fire then reached the second floor and went up through the attic. The home, Lacasse said, is a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
One firefighter was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for a minor injury. The Gorham Fire Department assisted at the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm