Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire destroys Berlin home
BERLIN – An early morning fire destroyed a Berlin home Tuesday morning, according to Berlin Fire Department officials. The two occupants were able to get out of the house at 2055 Riverside Drive before firefighters arrived.
According to Lt. John Lacasse, the call came in at 4:46 a.m., the initial report was that one occupant had escaped the home and another was inside. When the first crew of four arrived the second occupant had gotten out, but the garage and breezeway of the single-family home were fully involved. The fire quickly spread to the house.
The fire then reached the second floor and went up through the attic. The home, Lacasse said, is a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
One firefighter was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for a minor injury. The Gorham Fire Department assisted at the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 6
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's