Moonlight dog-sled rides offered at Waterville Valley
With the recent snowfall, Valley Snow Dogz will offer twilight dog-sled rides in Waterville Valley. Excursions are planned for Friday and Saturday evenings into early March 2013.
The Valley Taster Run will run in open area on a trail specially set on the golf course, just a block from the town square.
The entire experience from meeting guides and dogs, loading the sleds and heading out onto the golf course will take 20 minutes start-to-finish and cost $35.
New this season, the Mountain Taster excursion will start from the base of Tripoli Road and head out to Osceola Campground for a longer experience of moonlight vistas and fun downhill run back to the staging area. This experience will last approximately 30-40 minutes and costs $65 per rider.
Each sled holds one person, and on the Valley Taster run, a child or small adult may be added as a second rider for a cost of $20. To keep the sled dogs in healthy condition, there is a maximum weight limit. Participants must be at least 7 years old and at least 11 years old to ride alone. Up to four sleds can be made available to go out on each run. Reservations are necessary, and available through the Town Square Condos front desk office. Gift certificates are available.
For more information and reservations, call 236-8175 or visit www.waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community ready to party like its 1814: 200th Gala Anniversary set for Sept. 27 - 0
- Peterborough children's author to be featured at Francestown Labor Day Celebration - 0
- White House honors Nashua teen for environmental stewardship - 1
- Building joint Salem public safety facility to be studied - 0
- Selectmen reduce non-resident registrations at senior center - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: October's on the shelves already - 0
- NH food & wine calendar, beginning Aug. 28 - 0
- Winners Announced for 10th Annual Hampton Beach Talent Competition - 0
- Crotched Mountain Accessible Recreation and Sports brings back adaptive shooting clinics - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate