GSCU backs Honor Flight New England
The NH-based, non-profit organization was founded by Joe Byron in 2008 to thank American veterans for their service and dedication to our country.
The organization's purpose is to take as many New England World War II or terminally ill veterans from any war, to the World War II Memorial in Washington, DC.
Joining Joe Byron at the credit union was Herk Streitburger, a spry 93 year old World War II veteran who was also a prisoner of war.
Streitburger, who served in the US Air Corps, was on the first Honor Flight to Washington on June 13, 2009.
His daughter acted as his "guardian" angel and accompanied him during the whirlwind 24-hour journey that he refers to as "one of the best days of my life. The organization incorporates many trip enhancements such as music from the World War II era on the flights and "Mail Call" where veterans receive packets of letters sent by their families.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.