Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNH men's hoop team falls to UVM
The University of New Hampshire men's basketball team received a game-high 19 points from forward Ferg Myrick on Wednesday night, but Vermont posted a 64-51 road victory in the America East opener for each team.
Guard Chandler Rhoads added 14 points for UNH, which trailed 33-24 at halftime. The loss dropped UNH's overall record to 4-8.
Franklin Pierce 66, Queens College 60: Sophomore forward Ryen Vilmont collected a team-high 16 points, six rebounds and three steals as the Ravens posted a victory in the first round of the James Clancy Memorial Tournament in Orangeburg, N.Y.
Bowdoin 75, Plymouth State 53: Despite a 16-point performance from guard Petey Skevas, the Panthers slipped to 2-8.
Keene State 66, Worcester State 60: Siobhan Carnell scored a game-high 21 points to help the Owls overcome a five-point halftime deficit and improve to 5-6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 9
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
- George Will: Forgetting the lessons of Watergate - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Screeching lies does not count as debate - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 0
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Series key starts, ends with 'Z' - 0
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida - 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos