May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Weare man faces charges in fatal September crash
CONCORD - A Weare man behind the wheel when his girlfriend died in an automobile accident last September faces a negligent homicide charge in her death.
Late last month, a Merrimack County grand jury indicted Robert Pitts, 18, in the Sept. 2 death of Paige Garneau.
Prosecutors allege Pitts was fleeing from police when he exited Interstate 93 in Concord at a high rate of speed, lost control of his car, left the roadway and crashed into trees.
He also faces a Class A felony charge of disobeying a police officer when he intentionally fled when police tried to pull him over.
According to previous news accounts, the two thought they were in love, and both disobeyed their parents in order to be with one another. Pitts believed he would end up in jail if caught and was trying to make it to Boston, he told state police shortly after the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424