May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Weare man faces charges in fatal September crash
CONCORD - A Weare man behind the wheel when his girlfriend died in an automobile accident last September faces a negligent homicide charge in her death.
Late last month, a Merrimack County grand jury indicted Robert Pitts, 18, in the Sept. 2 death of Paige Garneau.
Prosecutors allege Pitts was fleeing from police when he exited Interstate 93 in Concord at a high rate of speed, lost control of his car, left the roadway and crashed into trees.
He also faces a Class A felony charge of disobeying a police officer when he intentionally fled when police tried to pull him over.
According to previous news accounts, the two thought they were in love, and both disobeyed their parents in order to be with one another. Pitts believed he would end up in jail if caught and was trying to make it to Boston, he told state police shortly after the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Carroll man sentenced to 63 to 127 years for burglaries - 7
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 7
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424