May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Weare man faces charges in fatal September crash
CONCORD - A Weare man behind the wheel when his girlfriend died in an automobile accident last September faces a negligent homicide charge in her death.
Late last month, a Merrimack County grand jury indicted Robert Pitts, 18, in the Sept. 2 death of Paige Garneau.
Prosecutors allege Pitts was fleeing from police when he exited Interstate 93 in Concord at a high rate of speed, lost control of his car, left the roadway and crashed into trees.
He also faces a Class A felony charge of disobeying a police officer when he intentionally fled when police tried to pull him over.
According to previous news accounts, the two thought they were in love, and both disobeyed their parents in order to be with one another. Pitts believed he would end up in jail if caught and was trying to make it to Boston, he told state police shortly after the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 3
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 13
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424