Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Weare man faces charges in fatal September crash
CONCORD - A Weare man behind the wheel when his girlfriend died in an automobile accident last September faces a negligent homicide charge in her death.
Late last month, a Merrimack County grand jury indicted Robert Pitts, 18, in the Sept. 2 death of Paige Garneau.
Prosecutors allege Pitts was fleeing from police when he exited Interstate 93 in Concord at a high rate of speed, lost control of his car, left the roadway and crashed into trees.
He also faces a Class A felony charge of disobeying a police officer when he intentionally fled when police tried to pull him over.
According to previous news accounts, the two thought they were in love, and both disobeyed their parents in order to be with one another. Pitts believed he would end up in jail if caught and was trying to make it to Boston, he told state police shortly after the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood - 1
- Judge lifts no-contact order - 0
- Suspected rioter faces felony charge in Keene - 3
- Hudson man charged with impersonating police officer - 1
- Fashion-conscience robber hits Rochester bank - 0
- Report: Student opens fire at Washington state high school; gunman reported dead - 3
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 16
- No murder charge in fatal stabbing of city man - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483