Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Weare man faces charges in fatal September crash
CONCORD - A Weare man behind the wheel when his girlfriend died in an automobile accident last September faces a negligent homicide charge in her death.
Late last month, a Merrimack County grand jury indicted Robert Pitts, 18, in the Sept. 2 death of Paige Garneau.
Prosecutors allege Pitts was fleeing from police when he exited Interstate 93 in Concord at a high rate of speed, lost control of his car, left the roadway and crashed into trees.
He also faces a Class A felony charge of disobeying a police officer when he intentionally fled when police tried to pull him over.
According to previous news accounts, the two thought they were in love, and both disobeyed their parents in order to be with one another. Pitts believed he would end up in jail if caught and was trying to make it to Boston, he told state police shortly after the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth