May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Manchester Crimewatch: Felon faces charge he threatened to slice wife's throat
MANCHESTER - Roger Jones, 48, of 415 Granite St., pleaded innocent Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of criminal threatening that alleges he threatened to slice his wife's throat Wednesday at the Granite Street address.
Police prosecutor Carissa Pelletier requested bail of $5,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring Jones from contact with his wife and barring him from her residence. She noted Jones' criminal record includes convictions for aggravated felonious sexual assault, felon in possession of a weapon and violation of probation/parole.
Jones objected to the bail conditions, telling Judge William Lyons: "That's my wife."
Lyons said allegations in the affidavit supporting the arrest warranted the no-contact condition.
Trial was set for March 4.
Denies hitting wife
A city man accused of grabbing his wife by the wrist and slapping her across the face pleaded innocent in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a simple assault charge.
Speaking through an interpreter, Israel Salas Corcha, 33, of 31 English Village Road, said: "That I hit her, that's not true." He said they had an argument and he grabbed a bag in her hand.
Bail was set at $500 cash/surety, with conditions that bar contact with his wife and bar him from her residence.
Trial was set for March 4.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424