Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Felon faces charge he threatened to slice wife's throat
MANCHESTER - Roger Jones, 48, of 415 Granite St., pleaded innocent Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of criminal threatening that alleges he threatened to slice his wife's throat Wednesday at the Granite Street address.
Police prosecutor Carissa Pelletier requested bail of $5,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring Jones from contact with his wife and barring him from her residence. She noted Jones' criminal record includes convictions for aggravated felonious sexual assault, felon in possession of a weapon and violation of probation/parole.
Jones objected to the bail conditions, telling Judge William Lyons: "That's my wife."
Lyons said allegations in the affidavit supporting the arrest warranted the no-contact condition.
Trial was set for March 4.
Denies hitting wife
A city man accused of grabbing his wife by the wrist and slapping her across the face pleaded innocent in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a simple assault charge.
Speaking through an interpreter, Israel Salas Corcha, 33, of 31 English Village Road, said: "That I hit her, that's not true." He said they had an argument and he grabbed a bag in her hand.
Bail was set at $500 cash/surety, with conditions that bar contact with his wife and bar him from her residence.
Trial was set for March 4.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483