Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Felon faces charge he threatened to slice wife's throat
MANCHESTER - Roger Jones, 48, of 415 Granite St., pleaded innocent Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of criminal threatening that alleges he threatened to slice his wife's throat Wednesday at the Granite Street address.
Police prosecutor Carissa Pelletier requested bail of $5,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring Jones from contact with his wife and barring him from her residence. She noted Jones' criminal record includes convictions for aggravated felonious sexual assault, felon in possession of a weapon and violation of probation/parole.
Jones objected to the bail conditions, telling Judge William Lyons: "That's my wife."
Lyons said allegations in the affidavit supporting the arrest warranted the no-contact condition.
Trial was set for March 4.
Denies hitting wife
A city man accused of grabbing his wife by the wrist and slapping her across the face pleaded innocent in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a simple assault charge.
Speaking through an interpreter, Israel Salas Corcha, 33, of 31 English Village Road, said: "That I hit her, that's not true." He said they had an argument and he grabbed a bag in her hand.
Bail was set at $500 cash/surety, with conditions that bar contact with his wife and bar him from her residence.
Trial was set for March 4.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Owner sought after fatal pitbull attack near Tuckerman Ravine - 0
- Big smiles as Market Basket customers and workers return - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 11
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917