Home » News » Public Safety
Pickup truck pushed into Canaan storefront
CANAAN - An accident involving a Ford pickup with an attached snowplow sent a Chevrolet pickup into the side of the Pleasant Valley Store Thursday morning, police said.
The 2005 Chevrolet 2500 pickup did not come to rest until it reached the counter area of the store, police said.
The driver of the 2002 Ford F-250, Canaan resident Donald Stapelfeld, suffered minor injuries and was taken by ambulance to Dartmouth- Hitchcock Medical Center.
Chevrolet driver Stephen Ryan, 56, of North Billerica, Mass., and his passenger were wearing seat belts and were unhurt. A clerk at the store complained of back pain and was taken to the hospital, but was not struck by a vehicle or building debris, police said.
The accident remains under investigation, and no charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19