Home » News » Public Safety
Pickup truck pushed into Canaan storefront
CANAAN - An accident involving a Ford pickup with an attached snowplow sent a Chevrolet pickup into the side of the Pleasant Valley Store Thursday morning, police said.
The 2005 Chevrolet 2500 pickup did not come to rest until it reached the counter area of the store, police said.
The driver of the 2002 Ford F-250, Canaan resident Donald Stapelfeld, suffered minor injuries and was taken by ambulance to Dartmouth- Hitchcock Medical Center.
Chevrolet driver Stephen Ryan, 56, of North Billerica, Mass., and his passenger were wearing seat belts and were unhurt. A clerk at the store complained of back pain and was taken to the hospital, but was not struck by a vehicle or building debris, police said.
The accident remains under investigation, and no charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover woman charged after crash into Dover toll plaza - 0
- Thornton woman hit by car in Campton - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
- Boy wounded by bullet was to be released - 6
- Apartment building destroyed in West Stewartstown was home to murder victim Celina Cass - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Deerfield town official resigns - 0
- Manchester aldermen OK three new fire trucks for $1.3 Million - 1
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 1
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072