Home » News » Public Safety
Pickup truck pushed into Canaan storefront
CANAAN - An accident involving a Ford pickup with an attached snowplow sent a Chevrolet pickup into the side of the Pleasant Valley Store Thursday morning, police said.
The 2005 Chevrolet 2500 pickup did not come to rest until it reached the counter area of the store, police said.
The driver of the 2002 Ford F-250, Canaan resident Donald Stapelfeld, suffered minor injuries and was taken by ambulance to Dartmouth- Hitchcock Medical Center.
Chevrolet driver Stephen Ryan, 56, of North Billerica, Mass., and his passenger were wearing seat belts and were unhurt. A clerk at the store complained of back pain and was taken to the hospital, but was not struck by a vehicle or building debris, police said.
The accident remains under investigation, and no charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
- UNH Notebook: UNH offense outpaces defense in annual Blue/White contest - 0
- Carey Classic set for tonight in Manchester - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Historic Merrimack bridge to be replaced
City’s Bronstein Park closed to public
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m