Home » News » Public Safety
Pickup truck pushed into Canaan storefront
CANAAN - An accident involving a Ford pickup with an attached snowplow sent a Chevrolet pickup into the side of the Pleasant Valley Store Thursday morning, police said.
The 2005 Chevrolet 2500 pickup did not come to rest until it reached the counter area of the store, police said.
The driver of the 2002 Ford F-250, Canaan resident Donald Stapelfeld, suffered minor injuries and was taken by ambulance to Dartmouth- Hitchcock Medical Center.
Chevrolet driver Stephen Ryan, 56, of North Billerica, Mass., and his passenger were wearing seat belts and were unhurt. A clerk at the store complained of back pain and was taken to the hospital, but was not struck by a vehicle or building debris, police said.
The accident remains under investigation, and no charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 1
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 5
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- American Ambulance Service gets accreditation from industry group - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 1
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH women's hockey coach hired to restore winning ways - 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 3
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 4
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy