Home » News » Public Safety
Pickup truck pushed into Canaan storefront
CANAAN - An accident involving a Ford pickup with an attached snowplow sent a Chevrolet pickup into the side of the Pleasant Valley Store Thursday morning, police said.
The 2005 Chevrolet 2500 pickup did not come to rest until it reached the counter area of the store, police said.
The driver of the 2002 Ford F-250, Canaan resident Donald Stapelfeld, suffered minor injuries and was taken by ambulance to Dartmouth- Hitchcock Medical Center.
Chevrolet driver Stephen Ryan, 56, of North Billerica, Mass., and his passenger were wearing seat belts and were unhurt. A clerk at the store complained of back pain and was taken to the hospital, but was not struck by a vehicle or building debris, police said.
The accident remains under investigation, and no charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands