Home » News » Public Safety
1 hospitalized, others treated after Manchester accident
MANCHESTER - A 70-year-old Manchester woman complaining of hip pain was hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital following a late Wednesday morning traffic accident at Shasta and Wilson streets, police said.
Marjorie Kuis was the passenger in a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta that pulled in front of a 1999 Jeep Cherokee as it traveled east on Wilson Street, police said. The SUV struck the passenger side, where Kuis was sitting.
Two passengers in the SUV - Domenic Messina, 1, and Monica Quenneville, 26 - were pictured on the front page of the New Hampshire Union Leader on Thursday when a firefighter held a child car seat containing Messina to reassure mother and child.
Quenneville was taken to Catholic Medical Center after complaining of pain in her left hand, and the boy was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Others involved in the accident complained of pains and were treated at area hospitals, police said.
No citation was issued, but police faulted Kuis' daughter, Jetty driver Lisa Chabot, 47, of Manchester, in the accident, said Lt. Michael Hurley.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 3
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0