Home » News » Public Safety
1 hospitalized, others treated after Manchester accident
MANCHESTER - A 70-year-old Manchester woman complaining of hip pain was hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital following a late Wednesday morning traffic accident at Shasta and Wilson streets, police said.
Marjorie Kuis was the passenger in a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta that pulled in front of a 1999 Jeep Cherokee as it traveled east on Wilson Street, police said. The SUV struck the passenger side, where Kuis was sitting.
Two passengers in the SUV - Domenic Messina, 1, and Monica Quenneville, 26 - were pictured on the front page of the New Hampshire Union Leader on Thursday when a firefighter held a child car seat containing Messina to reassure mother and child.
Quenneville was taken to Catholic Medical Center after complaining of pain in her left hand, and the boy was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Others involved in the accident complained of pains and were treated at area hospitals, police said.
No citation was issued, but police faulted Kuis' daughter, Jetty driver Lisa Chabot, 47, of Manchester, in the accident, said Lt. Michael Hurley.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax