Home » News » Public Safety
1 hospitalized, others treated after Manchester accident
MANCHESTER - A 70-year-old Manchester woman complaining of hip pain was hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital following a late Wednesday morning traffic accident at Shasta and Wilson streets, police said.
Marjorie Kuis was the passenger in a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta that pulled in front of a 1999 Jeep Cherokee as it traveled east on Wilson Street, police said. The SUV struck the passenger side, where Kuis was sitting.
Two passengers in the SUV - Domenic Messina, 1, and Monica Quenneville, 26 - were pictured on the front page of the New Hampshire Union Leader on Thursday when a firefighter held a child car seat containing Messina to reassure mother and child.
Quenneville was taken to Catholic Medical Center after complaining of pain in her left hand, and the boy was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Others involved in the accident complained of pains and were treated at area hospitals, police said.
No citation was issued, but police faulted Kuis' daughter, Jetty driver Lisa Chabot, 47, of Manchester, in the accident, said Lt. Michael Hurley.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
- Woman gets speeding ticket, then crashes into guard rail - 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 2
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem