Home » News » Public Safety
1 hospitalized, others treated after Manchester accident
MANCHESTER - A 70-year-old Manchester woman complaining of hip pain was hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital following a late Wednesday morning traffic accident at Shasta and Wilson streets, police said.
Marjorie Kuis was the passenger in a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta that pulled in front of a 1999 Jeep Cherokee as it traveled east on Wilson Street, police said. The SUV struck the passenger side, where Kuis was sitting.
Two passengers in the SUV - Domenic Messina, 1, and Monica Quenneville, 26 - were pictured on the front page of the New Hampshire Union Leader on Thursday when a firefighter held a child car seat containing Messina to reassure mother and child.
Quenneville was taken to Catholic Medical Center after complaining of pain in her left hand, and the boy was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Others involved in the accident complained of pains and were treated at area hospitals, police said.
No citation was issued, but police faulted Kuis' daughter, Jetty driver Lisa Chabot, 47, of Manchester, in the accident, said Lt. Michael Hurley.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism