Home » News » Public Safety
1 hospitalized, others treated after Manchester accident
MANCHESTER - A 70-year-old Manchester woman complaining of hip pain was hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital following a late Wednesday morning traffic accident at Shasta and Wilson streets, police said.
Marjorie Kuis was the passenger in a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta that pulled in front of a 1999 Jeep Cherokee as it traveled east on Wilson Street, police said. The SUV struck the passenger side, where Kuis was sitting.
Two passengers in the SUV - Domenic Messina, 1, and Monica Quenneville, 26 - were pictured on the front page of the New Hampshire Union Leader on Thursday when a firefighter held a child car seat containing Messina to reassure mother and child.
Quenneville was taken to Catholic Medical Center after complaining of pain in her left hand, and the boy was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Others involved in the accident complained of pains and were treated at area hospitals, police said.
No citation was issued, but police faulted Kuis' daughter, Jetty driver Lisa Chabot, 47, of Manchester, in the accident, said Lt. Michael Hurley.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester brothers arrested after drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon - 5
- Headlight out leads to pot charges for Merrimack teen and her passenger - 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate