Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police locate girl seen in pajamas Wednesday morning
MANCHESTER -- The pajama-clad Manchester girl who left a bicycle behind when stopped by a stranger Wednesday morning has been found, after family members recognized her bicycle in media reports, police said.
The girl had fibbed to a woman who stopped her when she saw the girl riding her bicycle Wednesday morning at Salmon and Elm streets. The 9-year-old girl had left her home without permission and made up a story about her family being victimized by the crime, police said.
"When the girl realized the police were going to be contacted, she became frightened that she would get into trouble for leaving the house without permission," police said in a statement. "She ran off from the woman, leaving her bike behind, and returned home before her family realized she was gone."
She attended school, and her parents only realized something happened when they saw images of her bicycle in media accounts.
They called her school, which contacted the Manchester police juvenile division. No harm had come to the family, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth