Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police locate girl seen in pajamas Wednesday morning
MANCHESTER -- The pajama-clad Manchester girl who left a bicycle behind when stopped by a stranger Wednesday morning has been found, after family members recognized her bicycle in media reports, police said.
The girl had fibbed to a woman who stopped her when she saw the girl riding her bicycle Wednesday morning at Salmon and Elm streets. The 9-year-old girl had left her home without permission and made up a story about her family being victimized by the crime, police said.
"When the girl realized the police were going to be contacted, she became frightened that she would get into trouble for leaving the house without permission," police said in a statement. "She ran off from the woman, leaving her bike behind, and returned home before her family realized she was gone."
She attended school, and her parents only realized something happened when they saw images of her bicycle in media accounts.
They called her school, which contacted the Manchester police juvenile division. No harm had come to the family, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate