Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police locate girl seen in pajamas Wednesday morning
MANCHESTER -- The pajama-clad Manchester girl who left a bicycle behind when stopped by a stranger Wednesday morning has been found, after family members recognized her bicycle in media reports, police said.
The girl had fibbed to a woman who stopped her when she saw the girl riding her bicycle Wednesday morning at Salmon and Elm streets. The 9-year-old girl had left her home without permission and made up a story about her family being victimized by the crime, police said.
"When the girl realized the police were going to be contacted, she became frightened that she would get into trouble for leaving the house without permission," police said in a statement. "She ran off from the woman, leaving her bike behind, and returned home before her family realized she was gone."
She attended school, and her parents only realized something happened when they saw images of her bicycle in media accounts.
They called her school, which contacted the Manchester police juvenile division. No harm had come to the family, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 2
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 5
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
License revocations for DWI announced