Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police locate girl seen in pajamas Wednesday morning
MANCHESTER -- The pajama-clad Manchester girl who left a bicycle behind when stopped by a stranger Wednesday morning has been found, after family members recognized her bicycle in media reports, police said.
The girl had fibbed to a woman who stopped her when she saw the girl riding her bicycle Wednesday morning at Salmon and Elm streets. The 9-year-old girl had left her home without permission and made up a story about her family being victimized by the crime, police said.
"When the girl realized the police were going to be contacted, she became frightened that she would get into trouble for leaving the house without permission," police said in a statement. "She ran off from the woman, leaving her bike behind, and returned home before her family realized she was gone."
She attended school, and her parents only realized something happened when they saw images of her bicycle in media accounts.
They called her school, which contacted the Manchester police juvenile division. No harm had come to the family, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 1
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm