NHIAA Roundup: Bells take toll on Hanover
Jourdain Bell of Bishop Brady grabs a rebound against Rocco Linehan of Hanover at Bishop Brady High School in Concord on Thursday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Jim Fennell's H.S. Hoopla: Conant's family affair
NHIAA Summaries, Box Scores: Jan. 3, 2013
Joe Bell tallied 17 points and Jourdain Bell added 11 as Bishop Brady evened its season record with a 57-54 Division II boys' basketball win against Hanover in Concord Thursday. Bishop Brady outscored the Marauders, 22-13, in the last period to even its record to 3-3.
The Marauders (1-3) were led by Liam Gantrish with 14 points followed by Cyrus Rothwell-Ferraris with 12 points. John Flory had 10.
Newmarket 50, Derryfield 32: Newmarket senior center Annaliese Schmidt had 20 points and 16 rebounds as the Mules overpowered host Derryfield of Manchester in Division IV action Thursday night.
Jennifer Levesque scored 12 points for Newmarket, which improved to 4-2. Hannah Menakaya led Derryfield with nine points, while Amy Trinh hit a 3-pointer and added six points for the Cougars (4-4).
Trinity 9, Nashua South 2: In Nashua on Wednesday, Trinity (3-2) scored seven second period goals to pull away from the 0-5 Panthers. Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers each scored twice for the Pioneers while finding the twine once were teammates Tyler Tamboris, Jack Collins, Alec Robitaille, Tom Stone and Drew Merrick.
Trinity goalie Jacob Zimmerman stopped nine shots while Nashua South netminder A.J. Bender had 20 saves. Steve Saucier had two points for the Panthers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs