NHIAA Roundup: Bells take toll on Hanover
Joe Bell tallied 17 points and Jourdain Bell added 11 as Bishop Brady evened its season record with a 57-54 Division II boys' basketball win against Hanover in Concord Thursday. Bishop Brady outscored the Marauders, 22-13, in the last period to even its record to 3-3.
The Marauders (1-3) were led by Liam Gantrish with 14 points followed by Cyrus Rothwell-Ferraris with 12 points. John Flory had 10.
Newmarket 50, Derryfield 32: Newmarket senior center Annaliese Schmidt had 20 points and 16 rebounds as the Mules overpowered host Derryfield of Manchester in Division IV action Thursday night.
Jennifer Levesque scored 12 points for Newmarket, which improved to 4-2. Hannah Menakaya led Derryfield with nine points, while Amy Trinh hit a 3-pointer and added six points for the Cougars (4-4).
Trinity 9, Nashua South 2: In Nashua on Wednesday, Trinity (3-2) scored seven second period goals to pull away from the 0-5 Panthers. Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers each scored twice for the Pioneers while finding the twine once were teammates Tyler Tamboris, Jack Collins, Alec Robitaille, Tom Stone and Drew Merrick.
Trinity goalie Jacob Zimmerman stopped nine shots while Nashua South netminder A.J. Bender had 20 saves. Steve Saucier had two points for the Panthers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weal powers Monarchs past Phantoms - 0
- Gale lifts Monarchs to 3-1 win - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Monarchs fall, settle for two-win weekend - 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan