NHIAA Roundup: Bells take toll on Hanover
Joe Bell tallied 17 points and Jourdain Bell added 11 as Bishop Brady evened its season record with a 57-54 Division II boys' basketball win against Hanover in Concord Thursday. Bishop Brady outscored the Marauders, 22-13, in the last period to even its record to 3-3.
The Marauders (1-3) were led by Liam Gantrish with 14 points followed by Cyrus Rothwell-Ferraris with 12 points. John Flory had 10.
Newmarket 50, Derryfield 32: Newmarket senior center Annaliese Schmidt had 20 points and 16 rebounds as the Mules overpowered host Derryfield of Manchester in Division IV action Thursday night.
Jennifer Levesque scored 12 points for Newmarket, which improved to 4-2. Hannah Menakaya led Derryfield with nine points, while Amy Trinh hit a 3-pointer and added six points for the Cougars (4-4).
Trinity 9, Nashua South 2: In Nashua on Wednesday, Trinity (3-2) scored seven second period goals to pull away from the 0-5 Panthers. Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers each scored twice for the Pioneers while finding the twine once were teammates Tyler Tamboris, Jack Collins, Alec Robitaille, Tom Stone and Drew Merrick.
Trinity goalie Jacob Zimmerman stopped nine shots while Nashua South netminder A.J. Bender had 20 saves. Steve Saucier had two points for the Panthers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch