NHIAA Roundup: Bells take toll on Hanover
Jourdain Bell of Bishop Brady grabs a rebound against Rocco Linehan of Hanover at Bishop Brady High School in Concord on Thursday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Jim Fennell's H.S. Hoopla: Conant's family affair
NHIAA Summaries, Box Scores: Jan. 3, 2013
Joe Bell tallied 17 points and Jourdain Bell added 11 as Bishop Brady evened its season record with a 57-54 Division II boys' basketball win against Hanover in Concord Thursday. Bishop Brady outscored the Marauders, 22-13, in the last period to even its record to 3-3.
The Marauders (1-3) were led by Liam Gantrish with 14 points followed by Cyrus Rothwell-Ferraris with 12 points. John Flory had 10.
Newmarket 50, Derryfield 32: Newmarket senior center Annaliese Schmidt had 20 points and 16 rebounds as the Mules overpowered host Derryfield of Manchester in Division IV action Thursday night.
Jennifer Levesque scored 12 points for Newmarket, which improved to 4-2. Hannah Menakaya led Derryfield with nine points, while Amy Trinh hit a 3-pointer and added six points for the Cougars (4-4).
Trinity 9, Nashua South 2: In Nashua on Wednesday, Trinity (3-2) scored seven second period goals to pull away from the 0-5 Panthers. Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers each scored twice for the Pioneers while finding the twine once were teammates Tyler Tamboris, Jack Collins, Alec Robitaille, Tom Stone and Drew Merrick.
Trinity goalie Jacob Zimmerman stopped nine shots while Nashua South netminder A.J. Bender had 20 saves. Steve Saucier had two points for the Panthers.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Another View: A voter ID compromise with which we all can live - 15
- George Will: The NLRB’s school-door stand - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions