Salem falls to Central Catholic
The Blue Devils hockey team played three games in the Christmas tournament at Salem Icenter, splitting them with a win, a loss and a tie.
Coventry played Salem to a 3-3 tie in the Blue Devilsí first game of the tournament on Thursday, Dec. 27. They took the second game, 3-2, over Greely, Maine, on Friday, and fell to Central Catholic on Saturday night, 4-1.
Forward Jake Pappalardo scored the lone goal for the Blue Devils in the Central Catholic loss.
The Salem attack forced Central Catholicís goalie into making just 13 saves.
Goalie Nick Phair turned away 24 shots, while playing all 45 minutes to keep Salem in the game, but the Central Catholic defense made scoring difficult. Salem failed to convert on its two power play opportunities. Central Catholic converted on its own power play of the night.
The Blue Devils head on the road in the first games after the brief winter break. They take on Trinity Jan. 6 and St. Thomas on Jan. 9, before returning home against Exeter.
Salem currently sits second in the Division I standings with a 2-1-1 record. Since a season-opening loss to Bishop Guertin, Salem beat Londonderry, 7-2, tied Concord and beat Hanover, 3-2.
Salem Ľ Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 2
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 1
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?