Salem falls to Central Catholic
The Blue Devils hockey team played three games in the Christmas tournament at Salem Icenter, splitting them with a win, a loss and a tie.
Coventry played Salem to a 3-3 tie in the Blue Devilsí first game of the tournament on Thursday, Dec. 27. They took the second game, 3-2, over Greely, Maine, on Friday, and fell to Central Catholic on Saturday night, 4-1.
Forward Jake Pappalardo scored the lone goal for the Blue Devils in the Central Catholic loss.
The Salem attack forced Central Catholicís goalie into making just 13 saves.
Goalie Nick Phair turned away 24 shots, while playing all 45 minutes to keep Salem in the game, but the Central Catholic defense made scoring difficult. Salem failed to convert on its two power play opportunities. Central Catholic converted on its own power play of the night.
The Blue Devils head on the road in the first games after the brief winter break. They take on Trinity Jan. 6 and St. Thomas on Jan. 9, before returning home against Exeter.
Salem currently sits second in the Division I standings with a 2-1-1 record. Since a season-opening loss to Bishop Guertin, Salem beat Londonderry, 7-2, tied Concord and beat Hanover, 3-2.
Salem Ľ Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial Day events in New Hampshire - 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands